Sunday, January 24, 2016

November 18, 2015

I have so much to say and only 20 mins to tell you everything. I am so pumped for the field! I feel God has been molding me this whole time and I feel much more prepared than I expected! But it will be eye opening and my Spanish will need mucho trabajo paro it will be amazing! Aww I love you mom! Thank you so much for your support! The experience with Rosi was all God! Haha! All I did was put my trust in God and He did the rest! Thanksgiving here is all out! Service all day, General Authority comes, it will be great! 

So much has happened this week I have no time to tell you everything so I will give you more details next week but there are some things I need to say! When I heard about the age change concerning gay or lesbian children (them needing to be 18 till they could be baptized), I was confused. I heard it from my friend back home who said social media exploded and so many people left the church. I was happy I wasn't there to witness the worldly explosion of confusion. I prayed to the Lord about this change. I know it was right because it was a decision from the prophet-which is from God. So I prayed that I would be able to accept and be at peace about it. I came to learn the purpose of the law is to help families who are in these situations: to prevent confusion for the kid(s) and to prevent family split ups. The Lord knows what He is doing.  I will trust the Lord and pray for guidance on how to approach this issue. It's crazy how the world is growing farther and farther away from God's standards. 

And the attack on France! There is so much confusion in the world today, just like there was in Book of Mormon days. It makes me want to be a better person and make a difference. This is one of the reasons I'm so happy to be on a mission. This gospel brings so much happiness. I'm happy I know my purpose! I pray for those people in France and for the people all around the world, wanting all to come unto Christ. 

I know God answers prayers. I know God speaks through His prophets! I know this is the true church. 
I love you mom and I'm sorry this email is so scattered! I had no time today. I love you mucho! 

Sister Sharie Rowley

No comments:

Post a Comment