Saturday, December 10, 2016

What a week. We had some really slow days and some really good days. 

December 21, 2016

It was Hermana _______'s  birthday this week so we decorated the house and took her out to a Greek restaurant in the area. It was so fun! I am so lucky to have my companions! 

We contacted one of our referrals and met this amazing family who just lost their father/husband. The two daughters have a hard time learning because of their disabilities yet these two girls are two of the most compassionate people I know! I can't believe how strong this family is! And they were so willing to listen! I can't wait to see how much happiness the gospel will bring in their lives as we continue to meet with them!! I love this family! 

We had so many member lessons this week!! Again and again I see how blessed the members are in a mission! It was so fun to go in and talk with them about the Savior. The spirit was so strong in each members home! We encouraged their help in missionary work. Slowly by slowly we are showing members the big impact they have on bringing others to Christ. 

Exchanges are when you switch companions for a day and go to a different area. I went to Bramfort! I learned so much! We taught this women who had quite cocaine, drinking, and almost completely stopped smoking ever since she started meeting with the missionaries--All because Christ was in her life now. All because she felt his eternal love and His saving grace. This lady is beautiful! In my area one of our new investigators, Phil, is currently smoking and drinking. I kept thinking of him as we were teaching. I kept thinking how anything is possible through Christ. All Phil needs is to put his trust and dedication toward Him. I also learned how efficient a day can be. We did back to back lessons and service. We were on the phone the entire time in the car, calling people, making sure the next couple days were planned. I am definitely going to apply this in my area! I loved the people I taught in this area. 

This week was a little slow in terms of progression. We became a little discouraged because of our high hopes. We felt like we weren't making a difference. Almost none of our investigators were keeping commitments or weren't available for us to teach them. But we are trying are best, and if we continue to do that, we will bless peoples lives. 

I love this time of year! It is all about Christ. I have been thinking a lot on how grateful I am that we have a Savior who is our perfect example, that He suffered all, that He felt every pain so He could succor His people so we could be resurrected and live with God and our families again. I am so grateful! He is my Savior! "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder; and His name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isaiah and 2 Nephi 19:6). He loves you so much! He has given us so much!  What can we give Christ for Christmas? 

Merry Christmas! I love you all!
 
Hermana Sharie Rowley

No comments:

Post a Comment